The leading athletic track surfacing by Mondo, installed by Medallion.
3 Reasons to choose Medallion and Mondo for your sports and athletic track surfacing needs.
- Mondo has been the official supplier of the last ten Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Medallion is a certified installer of Mondo track surfacing and athletic flooring products
- Medallion has proven knowledge, experience and expertise to handle your sports surfacing project from start to finish
Medallion offers 3 families of Mondo track and field surfaces.
- Mondo SuperX: A high performance track surface that can be adapted to for multiple activities. This vulcanized natural rubber track surface provides maximum elasticity and strength with minimal surface deterioration throughout the long life of the track
- MondoTrack SX.: Training and competition prefabricated synthetic rubber track.
- MondoTrack FTX: Premium custom-made track designed for top level sports facilities-5 world records were set on this track surface during the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
The characteristics of Mondo track surfaces have been designed to bring out the best in athletes:
- Uniform thickness: Provides consistent performance and a level playing surface
- Embossed surface texture: Non-slip and perfect for wheel chairs and walkers
- Safety: Cushioned surface and contains no hazardous materials. Surfaces are non-porous and antimicrobial/antibacterial
- Climate neutral: Provide consistent performance in all climates worldwide
- Unrivaled point load recovery: Depressions caused by bleachers, benches, sporting and maintenance equipment
- Low maintenance: No need for coatings and easy to clean
- Multipurpose: Running, baseball, soccer, basketball and most recreational activities
- GREENGUARD certified: (Indoor Air Quality and Children & Schools)
Medallion incorporates 3 different systems in the installation of polyurethane track surfaces:
- Full Polyurethane: The full PU system with maximum energy return and speed for sprinters and distance runners. The two component polyurethane provides excellent resilience and durability. Multi-layers of polyurethane mixed with EPDM granules creates optimal comfort and shock absorption
- Sandwich System: This traditional system has a top layer poured-in place installation for a seamless finish. The embedded texture offers all-weather usage, excellent resilience and steady footing. The paved in place polyurethane bound black rubber base mat creates optimum shock absorption and energy return
- Structural Spray Coat: This system contains a hard wearing single component top coat. The spray applied one component polyurethane is designed to ensure maximum wear resistance and durability. Encapsulated surface ensures excellent all-weather performance and spike resistance. The paved in place polyurethane bound black rubber base mat ensures optimum shock absorption and energy return